We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads.
Natural disasters - slideshare
Are you sure you want to YesNo Your message goes here 9 months ago Reply Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here 10 months ago Reply Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here Are you sure you want to Yes No Your message goes here 1. Disasters Disasters are hazards that cause destruction or environmental changes. The types are Natural disasters Man made disasters 3.
Natural Disasters A natural disaster is the effect of anatural hazard (e. , flood, tornado, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, or landslide) 4. Cyclones• A cyclone is an area of closed, circular fluid motion. It has low pressure on the inside and high pressure on the outside.
• The center of the storm is called the eye and it has the calmest water and the lowest pressure 6.
Cyclones• Cyclones turn counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere Cause & Effect Essay: Natural Disasters and Their Causes Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. How to write a literature review powerpoint presentation. Academic Writing Help - We Help Students To Get Professional Essay Papers Starting At $10/page Custom Assignment..
This is because it follows the rotational movemeent of the earth. • The biggest cyclone recorded is the Bhola cyclone.
It hit the coast of todays Bangladesh in 1970 with a death toll of around 500,000. Earthquakes• It is the result of a sudden release of energy from the earth’s crust that creates seismic waves. The Valdivia earthquake also known as the great Chilean earthquake is the biggest earthquake ever recorded. It hit Chile on May 22, 1960 with a magnitude of 9.
Essay natural disaster - exciting academic writing service that works
• Tornado conditions are caused when different temperatures and humidity meet to form thunder clouds• “Twisters” can attain speeds up to 100 miles an hour 10.
Tornados• The biggest tornado recorded was the Hallam, Nebraska tornado on May 22, 2004 25 Nov 2012 - Natural Disasters A natural disaster is the effect of anatural hazard Other names for a wildfire are brush fire, bushfire, forest fire, desert fire, .
• The deadliest tornado recorded occurred in Daultipur and Salturia, Bangladesh on April 26th, 1989. Volcanic Eruption• A volcano is an opening in a planet’s surface which allows hot magma to escape from below the surface.
• Study of volcano’s is called Volcanology and volcanic eruptions are measured using Volcanic Explosivity Index 12. Volcanic Eruption• The biggest volcanic eruption was Mount Tambora on April 10, 1815, it heard over 2000 km away and had a death toll of around 71,000.
Due to the explosion 1816 became known as “The Year Without Summer”.
Natural disasters essay – logan square auditorium
Olympus Mons means Mount Olympus and is bigger than Mount Everest As you are in search of a topic for a narrative paper on natural disasters, we'd like to suggest you a How to write a literature review powerpoint presentation..
Tsunami’s• Tsunami means harbor wave and is caused by the displacement of a large body of water normally an ocean or a large lake. Tsunami’s• The biggest tsunami ever happened at Lituya Bay, Alaska on July 9, 1958. • The tsunami caused by 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, is the 6th deadliest Natural disaster in recorded history with a death toll of 230,210 – 280,000. Floods• Floods are caused when water overflows from a water body. • One of the biggest floods in the world is probably the Yellow river in China 1887 which killed between around 900,000.
Natural disasters essay - write my custom paper. - bhubesi pride
• Other names for a wildfire are brush fire, bushfire, forest fire, desert fire, grass fire, hill fire, peat fire, vegetation fire, and veldfire.
• One of the largest wildfire is the 1910 wildfire 17 How should you write and outline your assignment on natural disasters? Natural disaster How to write a literature review powerpoint presentation. A student of .
Droughts• A drought is a long period of time in which a certain region receives a shortage of water• Lasting three years from 1958 to 1961, the Great Chinese Famine is the worst on record, 15 to 43 million were killed as a result• USA has been hit by a huge drought in 2012 decreasing corn income by 12% 18. Avalanches• An avalanche is a sudden and drastic drop of snow• The biggest avalanche happened on Mt.
Landslides• A landslide or a landslip is a movement in the ground and a shallow flow of debris.
• The largest landslide in history happened because of Mount St. Unusual Natural Disasters• Firenadoes• Limnic Eruptions 21.
Essay on natural disasters - faceworks
• Firenadoes are also known as firewhirls, fire devils and fire tornadoes 22 Prepare now an easy type Essay On Natural Disasters In Pakistan for bachelors and intermediate Use the following sample to write your own essay properly. Editing Service - Purchase Custom Written Assignments For Students High-Quality Paper Writing and. How to write a literature review powerpoint presentation..
Limnic Eruptions• A limnic explosion is also called a lake overturn and is caused by an explosion of gas from the lake (normally carbon dioxide) erupting and suffocating people.
They are Lake Menoun, Lake Nyos and Lake Kivu 23.
Limnic Eruptions• The biggest eruption ever recorded is Lake Nyos killing 1800 people and many animals. • The biggest danger is Lake Kivu which would cause a methane explosion and kill around 2 million.
• Interestingly all these lakes are in Africa and both Menoun and Nyos are in Cameroon. Man made disasters An man made disaster is a threathaving an element of human intent, negligence, or error, or involving a failure 25. List of few man made disasters • The nuclear bombing • Terrorism • Oil spill 26.
The atomic bombing• The first two atomic bomb were used by the USA to end the war against Japan in 1945.
Natural disasters essays - we write high-quality homework writing
• The second was named The fat man and wad dropped by a plane called Bockscar on Nagasaki with a death toll of around 80,000 on 9 August 1945.
• If Japan did not surrender the USA planned too continue dropping atomic bombs until they did 20 Feb 2017 - Essay natural disaster - witness the benefits of expert custom writing assistance available My last duchess essay describe natural disasters. Section of a research paper persuasive essay outine, for cheap, B. Human societies, development ppt hire communities stronger when disaster and are injured .
Terrorism• 9/11 is the big act of terrorism on US• On September 11th, 2001, 4 flights were hi- jacked 2 of them hit the twin towers in New York and third flight hit pentagon, in Washington DC killing• 4th flight, passengers attacked the hi-jackers and crashed the flight down.
• 4th flight was believed to have a target of White house or the Capitol. Deepwater Horizon oil spill• The oil spill flowed for 3 months without being stopped. • About 780,000m3 oil is estimated to have flowed out• 17 people were killed in the explosion that released the oil.